(1) Kuhn, T. (2015): Experiencing European Integration. Transnational Lives and European Identity. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
(UACES best book award).
(1) Kuhn, T and Nicoli, F. (2020): Collective identities and Integration of Core State Powers. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies. 58(1).
(20) Kuhn, T., Lancee, B. and Sarrasin, O. (2021): Growing up as a European? Parental socialization and the educational divide in euroskepticism. Political Psychology, online first.
(19) Kuhn, T. and Pardos-Prado, S. (2021): Corruption and Support for Decentralization. European Journal of Political Research, 60(3): 625-647
(18) Negri, F., Nicoli, F. and Kuhn, T. (2021) Common Currency, Common Identity? The Impact of the Euro Introduction on European Identity. European Union Politics, 22(1): 114–132.
(17) Kunst, S., Kuhn, T. and Van de Werfhorst, H. (2020): Does education decrease Euroscepticism? A regression discontinuity design using compulsory schooling reforms in four European countries. European Union Politics. 21(1): 24–42.
(16) Kuhn, T., Nicoli, F. and Vandenbroucke F. (2020): Preferences for European unemployment insurance: A question of economic ideology or EU support? Journal of European Public Policy. 27(2): 208-226.
(15) Kuhn, T, and Nicoli, F. (2020): Collective identities and integration of Core State Powers. Introduction to the Special Issue. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies. 58(1): 3-20.
(14) Nicoli, F., Kuhn, T. and Burgoon, B. (2020): Collective Identities, European Solidarity: Identification Patterns and Support for European Social Insurance. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies. 58(1): 76-95.
(13) Kuhn, T. and Kamm, A. (2019): The National Boundaries of Solidarity: A Survey Experiment on Solidarity with Unemployed People in the European Union. European Political Science Review. 11(2): 179-195.
(12) Kuhn, T. (2019): Grand Theories of European Integration Revisited: Does Identity Politics shape the course of European integration? Journal of European Public Policy. 26(8): 1213-1230.
(11) Degen, D., Kuhn, T. , Van der Brug, W. (2019): Granting immigrants access to social benefits? How self-interest influences support for welfare state restrictiveness. Journal of European Social Policy. 29(2): 148-165.
(10) Kuhn, T., Solaz, H. and Van Elsas, E. (2018): Practicing what you preach: How Cosmopolitanism promotes Willingness to Redistribute Transnationally. Journal of European Public Policy. 25(12): 1759-1778.
(9) Stoeckel, F. and Kuhn, T. (2018): Mobilizing Citizens for Costly Policies: The Conditional Effect of Elite cues on Support for International redistribution in the European Union. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, 56(2): 446-461.
(8) Lubbers, M., Diehl, C. Kuhn, T. and Larssen, C. (2018): Migrants’ support for Welfare State Spending in Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. Social Policy and Administration, 52(4): 895-913.
(7) Kuhn, T. (2016): The Social Stratification of Transnational Interactions in Europe. A Multilevel Analysis of the International Civics and Citizenship Education Study. European Sociological Review 32(2): 266-279.
(6) Kuhn, T., v. Elsas, E., Hakhverdian, A., and v. d. Brug, W. (2016): An Ever Wider Gap in an Ever Closer Union. Rising Inequalities and Euroscepticism in 12 West European Democracies, 1976-2008. Socio-Economic Review 14(1):27-35. Online appendix Replication material
(5) Kuhn, T. and Stoeckel, F. (2014): When European Integration Becomes Costly: The Euro Crisis and Public Support for European Economic Governance. Journal of European Public Policy 21(4): 626-641. (Award for best article published in JEPP in 2014)
(4) Hakhverdian A., v. Elsas, E., v.d. Brug, Wouter and Kuhn, T. (2013): Euroscepticism and Education. A Longitudinal Study of Twelve EU Member States, 1973-2010. European Union Politics 14(3): 552-541.
(3) Kuhn, T. (2012): Why Educational Exchange Programmes miss their Mark: Cross-border Mobility, Education and European Identity. Journal of Common Market Studies 50 (6): 994-1010.
(2) Kuhn, T. (2012): Europa ante Portas: Border Residence, Transnational Interaction and Euroscepticism in Germany and France. European Union Politics 13(1): 94-117.
(1) Kuhn, T. (2011): Individual Transnationalism, Globalisation and Euroscepticism: An Empirical Test of Deutsch’s Transactionalist Theory. European Journal of Political Research 50(6):811-837.
(2) Kunst, S., Van de Werfhorst, H., Kuhn, T. and Munniksma, A.: Bubble trouble? School segregation and the dispersion of cosmopolitan attitudes in secondary schools in six European countries. Under review.
(1) Burgoon, B., Kuhn, T., Nicoli, F. and Vandenbroucke, F.: The impact of policy design on public support for European-level Unemployment Risk Sharing: Evidence from a Multi-country Conjoint Experiment. Under review.
Contributions to books
(7) Kuhn T. (2019) Why Adding Duties to European Citizenship Is Likely to Increase the Gap Between Europhiles and Eurosceptics. In: Bauböck R. (eds) Debating European Citizenship. IMISCOE Research Series. Springer, Cham available online before print:
(6) Sarrasin, O., Kuhn, T. and Lancee, B. (2018): What explains increasing Euroscepticism in Switzerland? A longitudinal analysis. In Tillmann, R. Voorpostel, M. and Farrago, P. (eds): Change and Inertia in contemporary Switzerland. Understanding Swiss society over time. Springer.
(5) Brans, L., Kuhn, T. and Van der Meer, T. (2017): Nations, Nationalism and the Nation state. In Van Praag, P. (ed.) Political Science and Changing Politics. Amsterdam University Press, pp. 55-70.
(4) Brans, L., Kuhn, T. and Van der Meer, T. (2017): Naties, nationalisme en natie staat. In Van Praag, P. (ed.) Politicologie en de veranderende politiek. Amsterdam University Press, pp. 59-75
(3) Kuhn, T. (2017): European Identity through European Experiences? In Beck, T. and Underhill, G. (eds): Quo vadis? European Identity, Policy and the Future of the European Union. London: CEPR Press, pp.31-37.
(2) Recchi, E. & Kuhn, T. (2013): Europeans’ Space Sets and the Political Legitimacy of the EU. In Kauppi, N.: A Political Sociology of Transnational Europe. Colchester: ECPR Press.
(1) Kuhn, T., Wolkenstein, F., Perlot, F. & Meyer, S. (2010): Austria. In Gagatek, W., Trechsel, A. & Breuer, F.: The 2009 Elections to the European Parliament: Country Reports. Florence: European Union Democracy Observatory.
(7) Bremer, B., Kuhn, T., Meijers, M., Nicoli, F. (2020): The EU can improve the political sustainability of Next Generation EU by making it a long-term structure.VoxEU: Research-based Policy Analysis and Commentary from leading Economists.
(6) Vandenbroucke, F., Andor, L., Beetsma, R., Burgoon, B., Fischer, G., Kuhn, T., Luigjes, C. & Nicoli, F. (2020). The European Commission’s SURE initiative and euro area unemployment re-insurance. VoxEU: Research-based Policy Analysis and Commentary from leading Economists.
(5) Vandenbroucke, F. Burgoon, B., Kuhn, T. Nicoli, F., Sacchi, S., Van Der Duin D., Hegelwald, S. (2018): Crossborder Risk Sharing when Unemployment HIts: How Policy Design Influences Public support For European Unemployment Insurance. University of Amsterdam: AISSR Policy Report Nr 1.
(4) Kuhn, T. (2013): Book review: The Europeanization of national polities? Citizenship and support in a post-enlargement Union (edited by David Sanders, Paolo Bellucci, Gabor Toka and Mariano Torcal). West European Politics.
(3) Favell, A., Recchi, E., Kuhn, T., Jensen, J., Klein, J. (2011) The Europeanisation of Everyday Life: Cross-Border Practices and Transnational Identifications Among EU and Third-Country Citizens. State of the Art Report. EUCROSS Working Paper # 1.
(2) Kuhn, T. (2011): Book review: Ettore Recchi and Adrian Favell (Eds): Pioneers of European Integration. Citizenship and Mobility in the EU. European Sociological Review 27(1): 138-140.
(1) Kuhn, T. (2007): European Democracy in the Age of Euroscepticism. EUI Review, Issue on Democracy, Winter 2007.